A wonderful dish that will definitely impress. Ready in 20 minutes and serves 2 people.
- 6 scallops
- 2 parsnips, peel and cut into chunks
- Whole milk
- 2 slices parma ham
- Rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to season
First, make the purée
- Place parsnip chunks in small saucepan and add just enough milk to cover. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 12-15 mins, or until soft.
- Once soft, blitz until smooth in a food processor or with a hand blender. Keep warm or reheat for serving.
- Place the parma ham between two sheets of kitchen paper, be sure not to press the top sheet onto the ham (they will stick). Pop straight into the microwave for 90 seconds on full power. Allow to cool before removing the paper. Break into shards ready to serve. Trust us, this really does work!!
- Pat scallops dry and lightly season each side. Heat a little oil in a frying pan until very hot. Place scallops in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute then remove from pan.
- Spoon puree onto warmed plate, place scallops and sprinkle the crispy parma ham on top.