15 minutes – Asian inspired dish – serves 2
- sea bass fillets, skin on
- 4 tbsp oil
- Thumb size piece of ginger, peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 red chilis, thinly sliced
- spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pack pak choi
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a frying pan on a high heat and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli. Once crisped, remove from pan and place on a plate with kitchen towel. Save for later.
- Use the same frying pan with the infused oil and keep on a high heat. Add the sea bass skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy. Flip the fish and cook flesh side down for a further 30 seconds.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, lightly fry the pak choi until wilted, around 2 minutes.
- Place the pak choi on a plate and serve the fish on top. Garnish with the ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onion and 1tbsp soy sauce.
Hints & Tips
*Lightly pat the skin of the fish with kitchen towel to remove all moisture prior to placing in the frying pan to ensure a crispy skin.
*Use a spatula to push down sea bass fillet when cooking to ensure the skin doesn’t shift away from the flesh and remains intact