- 300g natural smoked haddock
- 250g rice (or 1 microwave packet)
- 1 onion, diced
- 200ml double cream
- 3 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon
- Knob of butter
- Parsley to garnish
FOR THE BOILED EGG:
- Bring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Drop in the whole egg and cook for between 6-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the egg from the water and place into a bowl of ice cold water for roughly 10 minutes.
- Crack gently around the sides to help peel the shell. Cut into 4 .
- Fry off your onion in a little bit of oil. Once softened add in the curry powder and cook off for roughly 2 mins.
- Add in your smoked haddock and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Once this is cooked, add in your cooked rice and mix together.
- Stir in the double cream and knob of butter and heat through until flakes form on the fish.
- Serve with a soft-boiled egg and fresh parsley.