With our Order Collection Point open, many of you are asking how best to place orders,
Due to unprecedented demand for our delicious products we are unable to take any additional orders for 11th, 12th and 13th February. If you’ve missed the deadline you are very welcome to visit and choose from our counters on the day
With over 30% of our customers now placing orders for collection, we have had to implement a new way of working to ensure we are able to maintain our high standards for quality and service. You don’t have to pre-order, you can still come in and visit us, choosing whatever takes your fancy from our counters on the day. But, if you want to secure something that you simply can’t be without, the information below details how to get your order in the book…
- Orders must be received 2 days before collection To ensure we get the freshest fish delivered each morning, we buy ‘just enough’ to see us through each day. This means that we’re not carrying lots of extra stock overnight and ensures that the fish you buy is the freshest, best quality available. ‘Last minute’ orders can have an impact on the amount we then have available to offer customers who wish to visit without ordering, so it’s really important that we get the balance right
- Orders can only be collected between 10am and 4pm Although we open at 8am, the team now need additional time to prepare all the orders being collected each day. As well as getting complex orders ready for pick up, we also have to prepare everything for our counters and make sure the shop is set up prior to opening. If you need to visit us early in the morning, there will always be full availability, so you could simply visit and choose from the display.
- On very busy days and weekends there may be an early cut-off Once we have reached capacity for any given day we will close the order book. Our daily delivery of freshly landed fish arrives at around 5am and there is a limit to the number of orders the team can prepare without having an impact on our service. If you are planning to order we recommend you let us know as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
Here’s how you can get in touch…
- Call us on 01276 66618 and one of the team will capture all your details and requirements and advise you on what is likely to be available. We may ask you if you have an alternative if your preferred choice is unavailable
- OR… send an email with your ‘wish list’ to firstname.lastname@example.org listing everything you’d like, portion sizes and any preparation you require on whole fish. Please include your contact details to allow us to get in touch if we need to confirm anything. If you do email you will always receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your order has been received. If you don’t get this, you need to call – something’s gone wrong…
As fish availability changes day to day we never know what we’ve managed to buy until around 8am the day before, when the fish has been selected by our buyers off the coastal auctions. We don’t publish product lists as its an ever moving feast and changes day to day, sometimes hour to hour! It is always a good idea to consider an alternative if your first choice isn’t available.