The perfect mid-week treat that only takes 25 minutes and its ideal for 2 people!
- 250g farfalle (bow) pasta
- 250g palourde clams in shell
- 150g crayfish tails
- 50g salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1tsp of each; smoked paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml white wine
- 3 handfuls Spinach
- Grated parmesan
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in a deep-frying pan and add herbs and spices, shallot and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat
- Add the wine and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer on low for roughly 10 mins
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in a separate saucepan
- Once the sauce has simmered, add clams to sauce, cover and cook, shaking occasionally until open (roughly 5 mins). Add spinach and crayfish and bring a gentle boil. Grate in parmesan
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Serve with additional parmesan and parsley if desired.
Hints & Tips
* This recipe also works great as a starter for 4.
* Clams should be closed when you use them. If any are open, or if any refuse to open after a good shake, then discard.